Copyright © 2011 Grace Manor All Rights Reserved.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a foster parent with our agency! Our goal is to provide a comfortable family oriented home in which foster children can develop into healthy and mature adults. The following information is intended to help you make a decision and gain a better understanding of the foster parent application process.
Do I qualify?
Our agency will conduct a home study on your physical home and family during the application process. Grace Manor will screen families through interviews, training and home visits.
- You must be 21 years of age or older
- You may be single or married (if married, for a minimum of two years)
- You may be retired or employed
- You must not have a history of abusing a child or another adult
- You must be emotionally and physically healthy
- No criminal history, or have proof of rehabilitation
Step by Step:
1. Complete and return application and criminal background check forms.
- Pride- pre-service training
- CPR and First Aid training
- SAMA- behavioral intervention training
- Psychotropic medications and medications administration training
3. A home screening/study and safety inspection is conducted before the first placement of a child. The entire verification process takes an average of three months.